Our mission statement is to delight people
At Fresh Vision Optometrists you’ll receive superior customer service and personalised care. Our Principal Optometrist, Brett Jenkinson has over 15 years of clinical experience and is a leader in independent optometry in Australia.
Brett has complete post-graduate study and is Therapeutically qualified, allowing him to prescribe ocular medication.
With a particular interest and vast experience in simple and complex contact lens practice, orthokeratology and eye disease management, Brett is amply skilled and experienced to care for you and your family.
Expert eyecare for families
See the same experienced, expert optometrist on each visit
A range of eyewear choices
Your choice of thousands of frames and lenses to suit your style and visual needs
Proudly local & independent
Family-owned independent business supporting our local community
Complete contact lens solutions
Full scope optometry with our advanced contact lens clinic
Optometrist Brisbane Northside
Fresh Vision: Your Optometrist in Brisbane Northside
If it’s been a while since you saw an optometrist in Brisbane Northside, it’s time to schedule an exam. It’s important to see your Northside eye doctor regularly to keep your eyes healthy, catch any potential problems early, and ensure that your vision is crystal clear. At Fresh Vision Optometrists, we provide a wide range of services as well as a variety of frames, sunglasses, and contact lenses.
Related Services We Provide to Optometry in Everton Park
AAt Fresh Vision Optometrists, we offer a variety of services to help keep your eyes healthy and your vision sharp. Here are some of the services we provide.
- Eye examinations. Routine eye exams are essential for people of all ages because changes in your vision may be imperceptible to you and because it’s necessary to catch any potential eye health issues early for the best odds of successful treatment.
- Children’s vision. You should bring your child in for an eye exam starting from a very young age so that we can monitor their vision and ensure that there are no problems that need addressing. Myopia management is essential in childhood for the best long-term results.
- Diabetic eye examinations. Diabetic eye exams are a little different than regular eye exams. We’ll check the health of your eyes extensively, ensuring that your blood vessels are in good shape and that you aren’t experiencing any disease-related vision problems.
- Macular degeneration. Macular degeneration is the most common cause of vision loss, with the risk increasing over the age of 50. We can screen for macular degeneration, ensuring that your macula (the back of your eye) is healthy and that your vision is clear.
- Glaucoma screening. Glaucoma is another common eye disease that affects older people in larger numbers than younger people. This disease damages the optic nerve, eventually causing vision loss. We offer screening tests to catch any signs of glaucoma early when treatment is more effective.
Common Mistakes People Make Regarding Optometry in Everton Park
While it’s important to visit your North Brisbane eye clinic regularly for examinations, it’s also essential to take good care of your eyes at home. Here are a few common mistakes to avoid to ensure that your eyes stay as healthy as possible.
- Touching or rubbing your eyes. Your eyes can feel irritated or itchy just like any other part of your body, but you should think twice before rubbing them. If you must touch your eyes, make sure to wash your hands first. If itching persists, see your Brisbane optometrist.
- Using off-the-shelf eye drops. If you regularly use over-the-counter or non-prescribed eye drops, you could be putting your eyes at risk. While these products can offer short-term relief, they may be causing long-term damage. If you find that you need to use eye drops regularly, check with your eye care professional to find out why.
- Sleeping in contact lenses. If you sleep in your contact lenses, you aren’t alone. Many people indulge in this time-saving habit. However, it’s a convenience that isn’t worth the cost: depriving your cornea of oxygen, encouraging bacteria to form, and risking a nasty infection.
About Fresh Vision Optometrists
If you’re looking for a Northside optometrist, Fresh Visions Optometrists can help. For 30 years’, we have been serving the Everton Park area with high-quality, premium eye care in a modern facility equipped with state-of-the-art technology. We offer science-based treatments for a variety of conditions as well as routine eye care for children and adults. Take charge of your eye care – contact Fresh Vision today to book your next exam.